We're back to Brown Liquor Season, and I've updated my previous recipe this year.
- Juice 2 Lemons, 2 Limes, and 2 Oranges into a measuring cup. I got about 1 3/4 C out of mine.
- Make a simple syrup of equal volume. I used [Whole Foods 365 Organic Turbinado] Raw Sugar, for what it's worth.
- Combine 1 + 2 into a bottle, and refrigerate the resultant syrup.
Now, at cocktail hour, your drink is five easy steps away:
- Fill a shaker halfway with ice.
- Add 2 1/2 oz. syrup.
- Add 2 1/2 oz. whiskey. I prefer Maker's Mark.
- Shake vigorously and strain into a rocks glass with a big ice cube in it.
- Tell the kids to pipe down, and Enjoy!