- Go into the store to pick up your preferred brand.
- Allow yourself to be distracted by the adjacent, hitherto unseen, bottle on a nearby shelf.
- Lean in to read the label.
- "Gin...I like gin. Maine...I love Maine! How could this go wrong?"
- Pay money; take chances.
- Go home and discover the unique flavor of Regret+Tonic with a lime!
Cold River Gin is produced using alcohol made from Maine potatoes and a secret blend of seven traditional botanicals: juniper berries, coriander, lemon peel, orange peel, orris root, angelica root and cardamom. The recipe is dates [sic] back to the early days of British gin.They lost me at potatoes, and I never tasted the botanicals. Among my fellow tasters, the most favorable adjective used to describe it was drinkable.